Did you know that Mission Arlington averages more than 100 pick ups each day during the week and over 150 pickups on Saturday?
Thank you so much for your continued support.
Schedule a pickup from Mission Arlington
We will come to your home and/or business to pick up your gifts and then deliver them at no cost directly to the people who need them the most. Contact our offices at 817-277-6620 and tell the operator that you would like to “schedule a pickup.” For more information, read through the FAQs below.
What exactly can we give?
Almost anything that could be used again by someone else. We regularly pick up household items such furniture, appliances, clothing and office equipment.
How do I know if my items can be used by someone else?
A good “rule of thumb” is to ask would this be a gift that you would feel good about giving to a friend or family member? If you wouldn’t want it for someone you love, then it probably wouldn’t work as a gift for someone else. If in doubt, just give us a call at 817-277-6620.
What about non-working appliances?
Yes, we will pick up your non working refrigerators, stoves and other appliances. We have volunteers who try to repair these appliances, but if they cannot be repaired we are able to use these in a way that still helps support the ministry.
How do I schedule a pickup?
- You can schedule a pickup by calling the Mission Arlington/Mission Metroplex offices at 817-277-6620 and telling the operator that you would like to “schedule a pickup.”
- They will ask for information such as your name, phone number, address and a detailed list of the items you are donating. We will work with you to find the most convenient date and time for us to pick up your donation.
- If you need to schedule on a specific day, please call us as far in advance of the day as possible. We average 100 plus pickups per day and it is often very difficult for us to accommodate “same-day” service.
- We rely on our volunteer drivers for pickups, and it is often difficult to be precise on when we will arrive. We generally schedule Morning pickups (7:00am to Noon) or afternoon (Noon to 5:00pm) pickups, Monday through Saturday.
- We do realize that at times it is difficult to wait for an extended time for us to arrive. We will get there as soon as we possibly can. Often, people will place the items outside in a specific predetermined location with the items marked for Mission Arlington/Mission Metroplex.
We appreciate very much your thoughtfulness, and we want to do what we can to make this as convenient as possible.
What areas in DFW do you pickup from?
- We are able to schedule pickups in Arlington and the Tarrant County side of Grand Prairie every day between 7:00am and 5:00pm, Monday through Saturday.
- For areas outside of Arlington and Grand Prairie, we schedule “out of town” pickups on a case by case basis. When you call, let us know that you want to schedule an “out of town” pickup. We will have our coordinator call you, and will do our very best to schedule a pickup if it is at all possible.
Can I get a receipt for my donation?
Absolutely! Our drivers will bring you a tax exempt receipt when they come to pickup. If you are not there when we arrive, we will leave the receipt at your front door.
Do I need to tip the drivers?
Absolutely not! Our drivers are volunteers and they are happy to be of service. If you would like to make a contribution that would help us help others, you can donate online, call us at 817-277-6620 or send it to Mission Arlington/Mission Metroplex at 210 W. South St., Arlington, TX. 76010.
Thank you for all you do to help us help others in our community.